The sensory spinning toys are small rotating items that your young ones can spin with their fingers or hands. Given its positive outcome on the young restless minds, the popularity of sensory toys has always been huge.
In this article, we are going to review the 10 best sensory spinning toys that are not only great for healthy babies or toddlers, but also for children with autism. But before that, let’s have a look at the benefits of sensory spinning toys.
Benefits of Spinner Toys:
Due to their dual functions, sensory spinning toys have the potential to be truly spectacular. They work by stimulating a child’s senses, which in turn stimulates their brain’s cognitive capacity to withhold the information gathered from their surroundings. This ability is directly tied to a variety of other skills that help your child develop into a fully capable adult.
Here are just a few of the advantages that the spinning toys bring to your young ones:
- Improve focus building and concentration level – Children’s ability to guide or regulate their motions, particularly under pressure or anxiety, can be drastically improved with the spinning toys. Since they include both the left and right hemispheres of the brain, activity and sensory perceptions are crucial for learning and performing.
- Motion is needed to stimulate the brain stem – Controlling fundamental bodily processes like breathing, heart rate, and consciousness is one of the brain stem’s primary roles. Spinner toys can be used for this purpose because movement is a fundamental technique to activate the brain stem.
- Creates enjoyable mental stimulation – By providing your child with a brief mental break that is enjoyable, you can help them be more productive and increase their focus. This will make it simpler for them to pay attention thereafter.
- Cut back on stress and anxiety – Since fidgeting is a relaxing mechanism, sensory spinning toys might help your youngster feel more at ease when they are stressed. Children can keep their hands and mind fully occupied while using spinner toys.
Best Sensory Spinning Toys:
Since we know the benefits of sensory spinning toys, it’s time to review the best top-rated toys that you could buy for your baby or toddler. While conducting this list, we took into consideration factors like the product’s price, the quality of materials, safety aspects, and of course – customer reviews.
1. SpinAgain Kids Stacking Toy
It is a stacking toy with a spinner that spins when your child moves it around. This sensory item consists of a corkscrew pole and vibrant discs that are dropped on this pole. Your child can spin the disc around and it will eventually move downwards until it settles on the reversible base.
Each disc has different styles like daisy style or star-burst shape that comes with dual colors and varies in size from largest to smallest. When stacked together, these multi-colored vibrant discs form a dynamic rainbow.
Dimensions: There is a total number of pieces with six discs. The dimensional calculations for this product follow 8.25 Inches (H) x 3.25 Inches (W) x 3.25 Inches (D). This stacking sensory spinner toy weighs only 0.3 pounds and does not require any battery usage.
Age Appropriate: It is best suitable for children of age ten months and up.
- It is an open-ended toy with bright colors that easily attracts young minds.
- It is a perfect giftable item that enhances hand and eye coordination.
- This is a great source of stress-reducing activity for children with special needs or ASD.
- It would be preferable if the pole can twist the lock into the base as it easily comes out.
2. SCIONE Fidget Spinners 5-Pack
The SCIONE Fidget Spinners 5-Pack comes in a secure, unique package with five spinners of various colors. Each spinner has a thickness of 0.31 inches and a diameter range of 2.95 inches.
To ensure the smoothest rotation and consistency, the center of this spinner toy is comprised of a high-speed hybrid ceramic ball. The three arms of the sensory spinning toy are constructed of steel, and 608 counter-balanced weights serve to enhance time and centripetal force.
Dimensions: The dimensional calculations followed for this toy are 2.95 x 2.95 x 0.05 inches. The spinner barely weighs 7.8 ounces or 221.13 grams, which makes it easy to use.
Age Appropriate: The best suitable age recommended by the manufacturers is children of three years and up.
- The product is slightly heavy which adds good weight to the spinner to create a better torque effect.
- The basic design and high-quality product used in the spinner make it a good fidget spinner.
- These spin very freely and consequently for a long time. They also feel reassuringly sturdy.
- The bearing seizes to move to make it harder for the spinner to rotate freely.
3. Playskool Sit ‘n Spin Classic Spinning Activity
When your child moves on it, it does a complete 360-degree turn, making it the ideal indoor exercise. With this twirling activity toy for toddlers, the enjoyment never ends. Your children may adjust the toy’s speed by pushing and pulling the stationary wheel, which causes the base to spin quickly or slowly. This incredibly entertaining exercise toy for toddlers keeps them spinning and whirling while improving their balance, agility, and impulse control.
Dimensions: The dimensional calculations followed for this spinner product are 3.86 x 17.99 x 17.99 inches. The classic spinning activity toy weighs 4.77 pounds or 2.15 kg.
Age Appropriate: The best-recommended age by the manufacturer is 18 months up to six years.
- It is one piece, active toy that can be played on inside or out.
- The price is right and the toy provides hours of fun.
- This spinner toy is classical and functional which makes it a perfect gift for young ones.
- It can be a little dangerous if you have walls or furniture around it.
Click here to discover more sensory spinning seats
4. LEARNING ADVANTAGE Airplane Activity Wall Panels
This sensory board for the wall is intended for toddlers, and it features a display of a vibrantly colored activity set with six sizable wall-mounted workouts that entertain and teach young children.
There are mounting holes and attaching screws in each of the five panels on the sensory toy for simple mounting. A spinning disc with music, a moveable magnet block sliders, a track-and-trace toy, beads on a string, a timer with rotating hands, and rotating gears are all included in the airplane.
Dimensions: The components included in this product are five wall panels with screws to mount them. This sensory panel follows the dimensional calculations of 26.5 x 16.75 x 10 inches.
Age Appropriate: The product is best suitable for children of age 18 months and up.
- The pieces are incredibly well made – the paint does not chip off even after daily use.
- The spinning gears are made of the same solid wood as the section boards and, when they are turned fast, there could be some injury from a misplaced finger.
Check out more sensory boards for the wall
5. Busy Wooden Activity Cube
Children’s interest in life widgets is satiated by the Montessori busy board in a secure environment. This activity busy cube helps to enhance children’s life skills, train their logical thinking, improve their hand-eye coordination, and foster their intellectual growth.
The fingertip spiral, anti-theft safety lock, spring latch, one-way switch, universal wheel, faucet switch, and revolving screw are among the six features of this wooden interactive toy. These children’s toys can give your children sensory stimulation while also keeping them away from electronic devices. Develop the cognitive, attentional, learning, visual, auditory, and tactile skills of youngsters.
Dimensions: This activity cube weighs 13.1 ounces and follows the dimensional calculations of 4.3 x 5.2 x 5.9 inches.
Age Appropriate: The sensory activity board is best suitable for children of age eighteen months to ten years.
- The activity cube is of good quality and durable for the most part.
- Construction is good, sharp wood corners of the cube give caution for dropping it on feet or toes.
- The fingertip spiral breaks very easily releasing the metal bearing and of course, becomes a choking hazard
6. Spinning Light Up Wand
Children can spend hours playing with this spinning light show because it sparks their imaginations. This rotating light-up wand casts beautiful LED light throughout any space at the push of a button. All you need to get the action going are three AA batteries.
Dimensions: It weighs 4.2 ounces which makes it easy to carry. The wand follows the dimensional calculations of 7.2 x 2.52 x 2.32 inches.
Age Appropriate: This sensory toy wand is best-suitable for children of age three years and up.
- The sensory wand leaves a calming impact with its movement and colorful lights.
- The product itself is very lightweight and the plastic material seems to be durable.
- The spinning part of the light wand stops working after using it a few times.
Discover 6 Best Sensory Toys with Lights
7. Suction Cup Spinner Toys
Your child will find everything they need in the suction spinning toys for a fun-filled day. Three different animal-shaped suction cup spinner toys in this set are included, and they all come with jingle bells to help them catch toddlers’ interest and pique their attention.
Dimensions: It weighs 0.23 kg and follows a dimensional pattern of 7.17 x 5.24 x 2.91 inches.
Age Appropriate: It is best suitable for children of twelve months and up.
- The ball bearings make the spinner spin for a long time.
- The suction can be used to stick the spinner anywhere on a smooth surface.
- Suction sometimes does not appear to be super great but good enough to stay off the tray table.
8. Hooku Fidget Spinner Toy
Three adorable baby fidget spinners with various patterns—the sun, the bee, and the carrot—are included in the package. The spinner doesn’t need a battery; you can simply flick your finger over it to spin it. They come in 9 colors and 1–9 numbers, and they are one of the best toys to give your baby since they can help them learn colors and numbers.
Dimensions: This sensory spinning toy weighs 7.4 ounces. It follows the dimensional calculations of 6 x 5 x 3 inches.
Age Appropriate: The best suitable age for children is twelve months and up.
- These are good quality and very bright in color.
- Spins very smooth and good size for toddler hands to hold.
- The suction cups are too weak to hold the spinner sometimes.
9. Playskool Explore ‘N Grow Busy Gears
Explore ‘N Grow Busy Gears is a wonderful gift because it contains 11 interchangeable gears that spin, play music and sounds, and dazzle with dazzling lights. Pressing the button causes the gears to whirl and swirl, which is tactile fun for young fingers. In addition, toddlers who are on the go can use the handy carry handle.
Dimensions: This sensory busy gears toy follows the dimensional pattern of 2.68 x 15.47 x 11.06 Inches.
Age Appropriate: It is best suitable for children of age twelve months and up.
- It is one of the best activities that are great for motor skills & early development.
- Children can also do a matching game like, match the color gear with the post it has to go on.
- This sensory toy is sturdy and lasts longer than other sensory items.
- There is no volume control button on the toy.
10. Baby Einstein Sticky Spinner
With its excellent suction cup, this sensory toy can convert any table into an activity center and stay put on flat surfaces. The baby may play with the vibrant loops for a while since they are enjoyable to grab and spin.
Dimensions: It weighs 4.9 ounces and follows the dimensional pattern of 4 x 4.8 x 5 inches.
Age Appropriate: It is best suitable for children of age three months and up.
- It spins until the baby hits the top of it.
- It is durable and long-lasting with perfect spinning.
- It suctions great to extremely flat surfaces but loses that suction within minutes.
Babies and toddlers are at a stage in life where they learn and acquire new notions about the world through their environment, and offering young minds a variety of sensory experiences allows them to learn in numerous ways. The sensory toys are the perfect tools to give the young ones the experience of touching, hearing, and seeing. Besides that, the sensory toys, especially the spinning ones, can also give a great soothing experience for a child and that makes such toys a favorite choice for parents.
You May Also Like: The Best Sensory Toys For 2 Year Olds